Knife Skills Class
Select a class from the dropdown list below (please double check the date before booking):
Ts & Cs apply, please read the checkout page fully.
Knife Skills Class
Up your game in the kitchen by learning how to handle your knife like the pros.
In this 3.5 hour class, we will not only teach you the knife techniques used by professional chefs to prepare a range of vegetables, meat, herbs and fruit, but you get to eat the products of your labour too!
We will show you how to sharpen and care for your knife and point out the types and brands of knife to go for.
This class is designed for those of you who really want to get to grips with your knives. We often get complimented on our Global knives and get asked questions about cutting and chopping techniques, so we have added this skills based class to our kitchen skills series so that you feel like a pro whatever you are creating in the kitchen. (Also see our Fish and Seafood and Kitchen Basics classes).
You'll pick up great tips and knife skills to impress your friends and give your dishes that extra 'edge'.
Typical knife skills covered:
- We will show you a range of different knife techniques, including:
- rock chop,
- tap chop,
- dicing and
- You will learn how to cut herbs, meat, vegetables and fruit.
- We'll show you a range of food presentation tips, and
- Will answer all of your knife-related FAQs, including:
- Which knives do I need in my kitchen?
- Which are the best knives to buy?
- What are the differences between knives?
- What should I look out for in a knife?
- How should I care for my knives?
Book several classes with us and make your own flexible cookery course!
See our suggestions of which classes go well together.
- Wok fried Asian vegetables
- Chicken cooked two ways
- Orange and grapefruit in Grand Marnier caramel
Like all our London hands-on cookery classes, our Knife skills class includes all food, equipment, and unlimited specially selected red and white wine and soft drinks – for this class, served when you sit down with your meal. You will cook around our oak banquet table and enjoy eating all your dishes together in the most sociable way in London. Check out our TripAdvisor page for reviews.
To check whether this class is suitable for you, please see our Dietary Preferences and Allergens page - even if we stay it can be made suitable, please do always still let us know your dietary requirements or allergies when booking.